The Executive Informational Overview® (EIO) is a comprehensive and detailed analysis of a public or privately held corporation researched and prepared by a veteran team of top-ranked Wall Street sell-side analysts. The EIO presents a company's story in a way that sparks the interest of the investment community by clearly outlining the advantages, opportunities, and risks represented by the covered firm.
The EIO is not a conventional analyst's research report, but rather a factual summary of a corporation based on all relevant public information and free of buy/sell ratings. The EIO model, outlined in general terms below, is sufficiently flexible and responsive to reflect and highlight the unique characteristics, qualities, and technologies of each client.
- Company Snapshot: This is a brief summary of the company and its relationship to the industry or industries in which it participates. This section serves as an introduction to potential investors and other interested parties, enabling them to gain a concise working knowledge of the firm.
- Recent Financial Data: In order to highlight the financial performance of the company, each EIO features a one-year price/volume performance chart, as well as other key applicable statistics and ratios. If appropriate, charts on the stock compared with others of its peer group and relevant indexes are also included.
- Key Points: Essential information on the firm and its product, technology, and accomplishments are presented in bullet form.
- Executive Overview: This is a more detailed description of the company and its key products or technologies. This may include background on products that are on the market or in development. This section also presents details on agreements or collaborations, headquarters, number of employees, and other relevant corporate information.
- Growth Strategy: The growth strategy section examines the company's stated plan of action for growth, and the strategies employed in achieving its goals, including how far it has come and where it expects to go within a stated timeframe.
- Intellectual Property: This area details the intellectual product portfolio, including any patents awarded or pending.
- Management and Directors: Each report features key management and board member biographies, including any and all specific company and industry experience, relevant trade group and organization affiliations, awards, and achievements.
- The Core Story: The heart of the report features additional details on the company's key products, the markets in which they compete, detailed descriptions of current market trends, and any relevant testing or development factors. This section also includes appropriate graphical aids as necessary to effectively communicate the company's products and technology.
- Points to Consider: At the conclusion of each EIO a broad overview of the company's story is presented, including any significant milestones the firm has established as points of reference for the financial community. Key points are presented as either a timeline or a bulleted list, making for a concise and easily reviewed synopsis of the firm's achievements.
- Risks: The risks section reflects the rules of Regulation FD and New York State Attorney General Elliot Spitzer's revised guidelines for providing information to the financial community. It also clearly and objectively outlines the risks involved with investing in the subject firm.
- Recent Events: This is a compilation of any significant events that have taken place in the past year(s) as listed in the company's news releases. It provides a relevant timeline when documenting the progress of a company over the long term.
- Glossary: The glossary provides definitions and elaborations on any technical or specialized terminology appearing in the EIO.
The format the EIO provides great flexibility and functionality across a variety of spectra, making it a useful and valuable resource to the professional investment community, the media, and other interested parties.
When used in collaboration with conventional analyst reports, the EIOprovides investors with additional insight and information, helping set the company apart from the competition.