We just released our second business update on LRAD Corp. (LRAD-NASDAQ), a company developing and marketing acoustic hailing devices (AHD) that support the delivery and intelligibility of audio broadcasts over long ranges.
The Company’s Long Range Acoustic Device® (LRAD®) technology uses advanced sound reproduction technologies and novel acoustic materials to broadcast authoritative and highly intelligible instructions, warnings, alarms, and other sounds over several miles. LRAD® improves upon traditional speaker systems and megaphones by directing sound only where needed. Similar to a spotlight, which produces an intense beam of targeted light, each LRAD® system delivers a focused, directional audio broadcast. The beam width, frequency range, and maximum continuous output of LRAD® devices can be adjusted to target individuals, small groups, and large crowds at various ranges. LRAD Corp.’s versatile product portfolio has a range of applications, including public safety, law enforcement, military, commercial security, and wildlife and asset protection.
Highlights from our latest update, which is available here, include the following:
- Greater demand from the U.S. military for LRAD's products leading to higher year-over-year quarterly revenues
- A transition to new corporate offices in a new facility with greater manufacturing capacity
- Expanded product line to include the LRAD 360X™, which provides uniform 360-degree broadcasts in support of effectively delivering mass notifications and emergency warnings, and which has already been shipped for earthquake and tsunami warnings
- Details of the Company's key law enforcement and public safety markets
- Expanded Board of Directors
- New financials