On Monday, May 3rd we released a 16-page Quarterly Update on Applied DNA Sciences, Inc. (APDN-OTCBB), a company providing a range of patented DNA-based security and authentication solutions to protect products, brands, and intellectual property from theft, counterfeiting, fraud, and diversion.
Recent Corporate Highlights:
• Applied DNA generated revenues of $317,817 in the three months ended December 31, 2010, the best quarter in its history, which the Company attributed to increased demand for its authentication services and SigNature® DNA markers in target markets.
• In 2011 to date, Applied DNA has received orders and inquiries from governments, insurers, and uniform and instrument manufacturers, among others.
• Applied DNA’s UK customers have experienced a 49% decrease in cash-and-valuables-in-transit (CViT) losses year-over-year versus the UK industry as a whole, which decreased 34%.
• Capitalizing on its success in linking DNA-marked evidence to criminals, Applied DNA launched DNANet™—a tactical forensic marking system used by law enforcement and other agencies that provides unique DNA authentication codes for covert operations.
• In early 2011, Applied DNA added three experienced sales and marketing professionals specializing in a range of consumer electronic sectors.
• Applied DNA is also expanding its global FiberTyping™ business, which employs a proprietary process to distinguish between Pima and Upland cotton. In particular, the Company recently established a DNA textile authentication laboratory and office to support sales in Europe.
A more detailed overview of Applied DNA, as well as a summary of the Company’s stock information, is available through our Research Library.