An Executive Informational Overview (EIO) is now available on Emerald Health Pharmaceuticals Inc., a closely-held clinical-stage biotechnology company developing novel proprietary therapeutic molecules to treat various neurodegenerative, autoimmune, inflammatory, and fibrotic diseases with no current cure. The 74-page report details the Company's business, its strategy, market opportunities, strategic relationships, competition, financials, risks, and more. It is available for download below.
Emerald Health Pharmaceuticals Inc. (“EHP” or “the Company”) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing novel proprietary therapeutic molecules to treat various neurodegenerative, autoimmune, inflammatory, and fibrotic diseases with no current cure. The Company’s pipeline includes: EHP-101, initially for the treatment of systemic sclerosis (SSc) and multiple sclerosis (MS), and EHP-102, initially for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease (PD) and Huntington’s disease (HD). Most current treatments for neurodegenerative and autoimmune diseases take aim at addressing symptoms but provide no disease modifying capabilities. This is because they address only part of the multiple biological processes that influence the disease.
EHP’s product candidates are new chemical entities (NCEs), created through Rational Drug Design based on the molecular architecture of the non-psychoactive cannabinoids, cannabidiol (CBD) and cannabigerol (CBG). Due to the unique molecular structure of the new molecules, these candidates display a multifaceted mechanism of action designed to affect the key biological processes associated with the conditions, with the goal of exerting disease-modifying properties and potentially reversing disease progression. Furthermore, while EHP’s product candidates are based on cannabinoid architecture, the Company’s active ingredient in its lead product candidate is not classified as a controlled substance under federal law. In addition, EHP’s novel technology does not require extraction of molecules from the cannabis plant, allowing the Company to patent their novel molecules—something that companies using basic cannabinoids cannot do because natural molecules cannot be protected.
The Company has secured 25 granted patents and 19 pending patents covering their portfolio of 25 unique molecules and is differentiated by its efforts to develop novel therapies through the interactions with the body’s physiologic receptors and pathways, which are targets for many diseases.
Key Points of Emerald Health Pharmaceuticals
- EHP’s first-in-class patented technology has received Orphan Drug status for EHP-101 in SSc and EHP-102 in HD in both the U.S. and the EU, as well as Fast Track designation for EHP-101 in SSc in the U.S.
- In preclinical models of SSc and MS, EHP-101 demonstrated potential disease-modifying benefits (anti-inflammatory, neuroprotective, antifibrotic, vascular protection, and other properties).
- A large Phase I study was completed successfully, resulting in no significant adverse events, no maximum tolerated dose reached, and biomarker evaluation supporting the multimodal mechanism of action.
- The Company is in the beginning stages of two Phase II studies for EHP-101: a Phase IIa study for diffuse cutaneous SSc, which is currently enrolling patients; and a Phase IIa study for relapsing forms of MS, with enrollment scheduled to begin in Q1 2022.
- In preclinical studies, EHP-102 demonstrated the potential to protect against neuroinflammation and neurodegeneration in HD models, and reduce the loss of dopamine in PD models, supporting its potential as a disease-modifying candidate.
- EHP has assembled a highly experienced management team, supported by clinical and scientific advisory boards, to successfully develop its pharmaceutical product candidates.
for the latest research on Emerald Health Pharmaceuticals Inc.