An Executive Informational Overview (EIO) is now available on Emmaus Life Sciences, Inc., a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development and commercialization of therapies, primarily for rare and orphan diseases, with an initial focus on Sickle Cell Disease (SCD). The 76-page report details the Company's business, its strategy, market opportunities, competition, financials, risks, and more. It is available for download below.
Emmaus Life Sciences, Inc. (“Emmaus” or “the Company”) is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development and commercialization of therapies, primarily for rare and orphan diseases†, with an initial focus on Sickle Cell Disease (SCD). Emmaus’ lead commercial product is Endari® (L-glutamine oral powder), an oral treatment indicated to reduce acute complications of SCD in adult and pediatric patients.
Emmaus’ domestic operations are in addition to the Company’s international business expansion, where Endari® received marketing approval in three Middle Eastern and North African countries during 2022 (United Arab Emirates, Qatar, and Kuwait). Emmaus is aggressively seeking additional marketing approval in geographic regions that account for a significant share of the world’s SCD cases, with applications submitted in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Oman, as well as expected additional approvals in this region, Europe, and Asia.
Following its market introduction, Endari® achieved year-over-year revenue growth until it experienced negative impacts as a result of COVID-19. The Company has since regained its growth position in the second half of 2022, driven by the effective use of its in-house sales force and its newly launched direct-to-consumer programs, including an innovative full-service telehealth solution that provides online access to Endari®. Emmaus is also involved in assessing L-glutamine to treat diverticulosis, currently in a pilot trial, as well as pre-clinical programs for oncology and regenerative medicine with other compounds. The Company believes its Endari® commercial activities and pipeline of new products provide a sustainable business model, which could result in multiple future revenue sources.
Key Points of Emmaus Life Sciences, Inc.
- At the time of FDA approval (2017), Endari® was the first ever FDA-approved treatment for pediatric patients with SCD (5+ years old) and first new treatment for SCD in 20 years. Endari® has received Orphan Drug designation from the FDA and Orphan Medicinal designation from the European Commission.
- The global SCD treatment market was estimated at $3.4 billion in 2020, and is expected to reach $8.5 billion by 2026, behind an increasing prevalence of SCD and new innovative treatments.
- Results of Emmaus’ Phase 3 trial have demonstrated that the use of Endari® led to a significant reduction in the number of sickle cell crises, a delay in median time to sickle cell crises, and a reduction in hospitalizations and cumulative days in hospital.
- Through its distribution agreements, the Company has accumulated a network of over 600 specialty and health system pharmacies distributing Endari®, with prescriptions having been filled in 46 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington D.C.
- Emmaus is led by a highly experienced management team with proven success in pharmaceutical research, development, and commercialization.
- The Company currently holds $1.1 million in cash and cash equivalents as of its most recent quarter.
Visit our Corporate Profile and Investment Highlights pages
for the latest research on Emmaus Life Sciences, Inc.