New Research on SG Blocks, Inc. (SGBX-NASDAQ)
An Executive Informational Overview (EIO) is now available on SG Blocks, Inc., a leading developer, designer, and fabricator of modular structures, meeting the growing demand for safe and green construction. The 64-page report details the Company's business, its strategy, market opportunities, competition, financials, risks, and more. It is available for download below.
SG Blocks, Inc. (“SG Blocks” or “the Company”) is a developer, designer, and fabricator of modular structures to meet the growing demand for safe and green construction. Using repurposed shipping containers, the Company transforms these modules into various forms of real estate, including homes, restaurants, retail shops, and more, worldwide. Since acquiring SG Echo in late 2020, SG Blocks’ focus has shifted into modular construction, focused on innovating and exploring the use of new materials to enhance its structures (where traditionally such building would be either enhanced with wood or light gauge steel).
The Company’s products exceed many standard building code requirements and support developers, architects, builders, and owners in achieving faster execution, greener construction, and buildings of higher value. The Company currently owns and operates its main manufacturing campus in Durant, Oklahoma (SG Echo), which provides an internal means of controlling production. It also enables SG Blocks to expand the applications for the Company’s modules and affords the ability to vertically integrate a large portion of its cost of goods sold. Additionally, it increases margins, productivity, and efficiency in areas of design, estimating, manufacturing, and delivery. SG Blocks’ current manufacturing pipeline is estimated at $750 million, largely driven by commercial clients and SGB Development Corp (SGB DevCorp), a wholly owned subsidiary formed in February 2021 for the purpose of real property development using the Company’s technologies.
Key Points of SG Blocks, Inc.
- Three of SG Blocks core product offerings utilize its GreenSteel™ (structural core and shell) technology and engineering expertise, including: (1) GreenSteel™, with units delivered to site and handed to a local general contractor (GC) to finish to specifications; (2) Partial Modular, with systems installed at an SG Blocks facility, and the balance on site by the GC; and (3) Full Modular, with SG Blocks delivering a fit-out product and erecting final units on site.
- SG Blocks has built modular structures for some of the leading companies in the U.S., including Verizon, Starbucks, Taco Bell, Puma, Lacoste, NBA, Equinox, and more.
- SG Blocks offers a turnkey solution to medical testing and treatment, with customizable space solutions for tests and/or any needed services, including COVID-19 testing. The Company has an agreement with a CLIA-certified laboratory (Clarity Labs) to jointly market, sell, and distribute laboratory testing products and services.
- In August 2022, SG Blocks announced that SGB DevCorp had entered into a contract to sell a real estate property (Lago Vista) at full asking price. This sale is expected to create a significant return on investment, with closing anticipated in the fourth quarter 2022.
- SG Blocks’ management team has broad knowledge in the modular building industry, with a combined 130 years of experience in a wide range of construction applications, providing an advantage over its competition using market-based prototypes.
- At June 30, 2022, the Company’s cash and cash equivalents totaled $2.4 million.
for the latest research on SG Blocks, Inc.